The Sheet Metal JATC of Rochester of Local #46, Rochester, New York, is continuously accepting apprenticeship applications. Application forms are available online; please click the APPLY HERE button to apply. Complete the Basic Information section, submit and then chose START when this screen appears:
In order to fully complete your application process into the Sheet Metal JATC of Rochester Apprenticeship Program, your High School Transcript or G.E.D. Certificate must be submitted. This documentation is submitted by:
– Direct Mail (to address below) or Direct Email: AllenMort@smw46.com from your High School, or issuing Agency
– Hand delivered in a sealed and stamped envelope at the following address: 244 Paul Road Rochester, NY 14624
Prior to acceptance into the Sheet Metal JATC Apprenticeship Program you will be required to provide a copy of:
– Your valid NYS Driver’s License
– Original Birth Certificate or Social Security Card
*Failure to provide required documentation will result in applicant being ineligible for the apprenticeship program.
The committee requires that applicants have the following minimum qualifications:
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Be a high school graduate or equivalent as determined by local educational authorities.
- Be physically able to perform the work required as determined by an affidavit for physical performance for the sheet metal trade.
- Have a valid drivers license.
- Have a reliable means of transportation to and from worksites and related instructional classes.
- Submit to drug screening at the committee’s expense, if selected for the program.
Local #46 does not discriminate against applicants because of race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, disability or marital status. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
For the best performance with this application, please use one of these
- Internet Explorer 11+
- Microsoft Edge (latest version)
- Firefox (latest version)
- Chrome (latest version)
Other browsers may have compatibility issues.