Applications are accepted on the first Tuesday of each month from 9:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. and from 2:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m.
Apprentice Training Requirement
Notification and Minimum Qualifications
Completion of high school or equivalency as recognized by the state education department.
- One year algebra with passing grade or
- Passing grade in math course 1 & math course 2 or
- Minimum of 55 on G.E.D. math test
Must be physically able to perform the work required. Persons selected for the apprenticeship program must sign an affidavit testifying to physical ability to perform the work of a sheet metal worker.
Must have valid New York state driver’s license, as they will be required to drive company vehicles. Must have reliable means of transportation to and from work and school.
One year in the following counties: Monroe, Wayne, Livingston, Ontario, Seneca and Yates.
Must apply in person; no applications to leave the premises.
Are taken the first Tuesday of each month between the hours of 9:00 – 11:00 AM and 2:00 – 4:00 PM
- High school transcripts can ONLY BE ACCEPTED IF MAILED directly from your high school or issuing agency or hand delivered in a sealed and stamped envelope to: Allen Mort – Training Coordinator at the address on top of this notice, or emailed to: AllenMort@smw46.com
- Original birth certificate or social security card with photo ID. (These will be photo copied and returned at time of application)
- A valid New York States driver’s license